This weekend kicks off another event-packed month for New Orleans! There is a photo exhibit featuring local New Orleans photography, a Vox and the Hound album release party, a holiday movie at the Port of New Orleans, and two Christmas concerts! Ready or not, this weekend is about to put you in the holiday spirit! Happy Weekend, NOLA!
1. PhotoNOLA – If you love the city of New Orleans, you’re going to love this. PhotoNOLA is an annual festival celebrating the art of photography, New Orleans style! All weekend, galleries, museums and photographers will display various photography exhibitions showcasing New Orleans through the eyes of many different artists. Lucky for us, the majority of the events are free and open to the public. If you’re interested in attending the workshops, demonstrations, or book signings check out their website.
Friday, November 30
2. Vox and the Hound Record Release Show – Vox and the Hound will have their album release party showcasing their 48-month labor, “Courage,” this Friday. The show will take place at The Parish at House of Blues and admission is $10. The doors will open at 9:00 p.m. and the show will start at 10:00 p.m. with special guest Sports & Leisure taking the stage before the night is over. In order to attend, you must be at least 18 years old and you can purchase tickets online.
3. Holiday Movies on the Mississippi - Join the Downtown Development District and the Riverwalk Marketplace at the Port of New Orleans for an outdoor showing of “A Christmas Story” for Holiday Movies on the Mississippi. Starting Friday at 6:30 p.m., hot chocolate and tasty treats will be served while you enjoy a movie on the beautiful Mississippi River with friends and family. An added perk, if your family is one of the first 50 to get to the Riverwalk’s Spanish Plaza, you will receive a free fleece blanket!
Saturday, December 1
4. John Boutte Christmas Concert at St. Augustine Church – St. Augustine Church, the oldest African American Catholic church in the United States, premiers its Christmas concert series with the talented John Boutte on Saturday! The show will start at 4 p.m. and will feature classic hymns and holiday tunes. The concert is free to the public and will fill up fast!
Sunday, December 2
5. Theresa Andersoon, John Fohl and David Doucet Concert at St. Louis Cathedral – The gorgeous St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square will begin its free concert series this Sunday with Theresa Andersson, John Fohl and David Doucet! This concert of holiday harmonies from some of New Orleans’ finest will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will last approximately one hour. Get there a bit early because this one is going to be quite a show!
FREE Weekly Roundup!
Enter your email address for updates on all the best things happening in New Orleans.